If you have decided to celebrate your special day at a wedding venue in the beautiful Cape of South Africa, then you have definitely made the right choice. The difficulty may however lie in actually choosing a Cape wedding venue that is right for you. In our article how to choose the perfect Cape wedding venue we highlighted a few points for consideration. Now that you know what to look out for, we have listed some of the top Cape wedding venues to choose from:
1. Knorhoek Wine Estate – resting in the luscious Stellenbosch winelands, Knorhoek is a popular choice for child friendly and laid back weddings. The farm style reception venue at the onsite Towerbosch restaurant situated on a meandering stream and rolling lawns, is a perfect setting for celebrating one of life’s greatest moments. This Cape wedding venue seats a maximum of 120 guests and can accommodate visitors in an eight suite guesthouse. Pricing: R10,000 – R20,000 venue hire Catering: Onsite restaurant Address: Knorhoek, Stellenbosch Contact: +27 21 865 2958 2.
2. Waterkloof Wine Estate – one of the most captivating wine farms in the area, Waterkloof rests high on the hillside overlooking False Bay. This is one of the few Cape wedding venues in the area that overlooks both vineyards and the ocean. This breath-taking venue is ideal for an elegant, stylish and exclusive affair. This Cape wedding venue seats a maximum of 120 guests and the reception and ceremony are all onsite in the unique Barrel Room or on the lush lawn and the contemporary Waterkloof Restaurant respectively. Waterkloof provides a fine dining experience and elegant wines to match. There is no accommodation onsite. Pricing: R33,000 venue hire Catering: Onsite restaurant Address: Sir Lowrys Pass Road, Somerset West Contact: +27 21 858 1292 3.
3. Backsberg Estate Cellars – One of the most historical Cape wedding venues, Backsberg lies on the slopes of the Simonsberg Mountains in Paarl. The manicured lawn and beautiful gardens make this a beautiful Cape wedding venue for big and small occasions. Weddings seating 50 to 500 guests are possible at Backsberg and ceremonies can take place either indoors or in the gardens. Pricing R13,000 – R35,000 venue hire Catering: Onsite caterers Address: Klapmuts/Simondium Road, Paarl Contact: +27 21 875 5141
4. Nooitgedacht Estate – this beautiful and historic estate is a popular choice as a Cape wedding venue. Weddings have been held here for the past 25 years and its typical Cape Dutch building holds a beautiful chapel as well as a spacious banqueting hall. This Cape wedding venue is popular for large venues, hosting up to 300 guests inside. It offers onsite catering as well as accommodation and beautiful 230 year old oak trees are often the backdrop for exquisite wedding photos. Pricing: R13,000 – R35,000 Catering: Onsite Chef Address: R304, Stellenbosch Contact: +27 21 865 2407 5.
5. Kleinvalleij Estate – travelling towards the Bainskloof Pass in the Bovlei Valley, stands the idyllic Kleinvalleij Estate. This beautiful Cape wedding venue features two indoor venues and a small white chapel. Perfect for 90 to 250 guests, depending on the use of a dance floor. There are lovely vineyards, a large green terrace and endless views of the mountains forming a memorable backdrop to any wedding day. The onsite kitchen prides itself in “borekos with a twist” and cottages are available onsite to rent. Pricing: R13,000 – R35,000 Catering: Onsite Eatery Address: R301 Bainskloof Road, Wellington Contact: +27 21 873 0075
Choosing a Cape wedding venue is a fantastic idea if you’re looking for a wedding of picturesque natural beauty, breath-taking photos, magnificent memories, exceptional wines and catering and spectacular scenery.
Contact Waterkloof today for a Cape Wedding Venue that dreams are made of.
Couple: Lara and Johan at Waterkloof Estate
Photographer: Cheryl McEwan