Waterkloof Photography Competition:
Calling all photo buffs! We’re busy putting Issue 3 of our hugely popular custom publication Waterkloof – The News together, and we’d like to feature your photographs! You don’t need to own a lens as long as your arm, or even a fancy camera, you just need to have an eye for the perfect shot – so, whether you’re using the latest, shiniest camera or just snapping away using your cellphone, we’d like to see what you can come up with. To help you decide which shot is best, we’re giving you a few categories to choose from: Interior, Exterior, Waterkloof by Night, and Artistic/Funky (if you love using editing software and applying dramatic effects, then this is the category for you!)
All entries will be posted in our competition album on Facebook and the winning images, as judged by our Facebook fans and the Waterkloof team, will be featured in print in Issue 3! Each winner will also receive a bottle of Circle of Life White, or Circle of Life Red, and a complimentary tutored tasting for two at our Waterkloof Tasting Lounge.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Visit us at Waterkloof and start snapping!
2. Feel free to apply any editing to your picture that you feel makes it stand out – from simple cropping and Photoshopping to funky Instagram effects, the choice is up to you!
3. Email your entry – please see important details regarding resolutions below – along with your name, contact details and the category you’re entering for, to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. LIKE us over at www.facebook.com/waterkloof and keep an eye on our competition album to see your entry uploaded
5. Encourage your friends to visit our page and vote for your photo by clicking LIKE underneath it
The important stuff:
1. Please do not send photos in high res – email entries larger than 800KB will be ignored. Owners of the winning photos will be contacted and asked for the high res versions.
2. Each entrant may only submit ONE photo per category. You may, however, send in an entry for each category (or as many as you choose), to a maximum of FOUR entries per person.
3. If submitting an entry for more than one category, please send each entry in a separate email.
4. By entering this competition, you declare that the image is your own and that you have not copied, nor used the work of another, in any way.
5. The competition starts Tuesday, 21 February and will run until Monday, 30 April 2012. Entries must be received on or before the closing date in order to be eligible.
6. Winners will be contacted via telephone or email. The winning photos will be published in Issue 3 of Waterkloof – The News.